Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weather

So I woke up today (first time sleeping-in in God knows how long) to slight overcast skies. I took it as a good sign and made my way to the gym and brunch with a good friend. Great start to the day, but then the weather turned... I ended up walking home from the train in what appears to be a cold-weather monsoon--Straight line winds, drenching rains, the occasional chunk of hail, all in a balmy 5 degrees. Needless to say, I was absolutely soaked when I walked in the door. Boo!

After hanging up every stitch of clothing I had been wearing, towel-drying my hair, and brewing some tea, I'm feeling a little better. But to be honest, this weather is not conducive for me doing work, grocery shopping, studying (which really I do all the time regardless of time/energy/weather/hunger...) or anything beyond curling up with a hot mug of tea.

The up side, though, is that a big comfy chair, a cup of tea, and a warm blanket is an excellent position for writing. I'm going to try to finish Ch 9 today. I'll let you know how it goes!
~ewebie

No comments:

Post a Comment